According to the letter, which was given to a TFLcar staffer, the buybacks are supposed to start in mid October. The website for the settlement will be updated on July 26 with more information for owners.
Repairs are expected to start in the first quarter of 2017, and additional unspecified offers are expected to be offered to owners.
Here is the full text of the letter below:
Got Back from my Volkswagen TDI meeting in Dallas late Wednesday night and spent most of yesterday trying to get caught up.
Here is what I have learned :
- Buy backs and cash settlements are expected to start in mid October. Volkswagen would like to start sooner but there are other people involved in this process other than Volkswagen and some of the infrastructure needs to be put in place to comply with the terms of the agreements.
- The current website portal (see below) will be modified and will go live July 26th. There will be contact numbers for customer support as well as more specific details of what to expect for your vehicle.
- Volkswagen expects to offer additional incentives to returning Volkswagen owners. (They still did not have specific details.)
- Volkswagen will, in this process, be paying any loan payoffs directly to your lien holders.
- TDI owners will need to scan documents (i.e. title, current registration and other documents) to Volkswagen directly. We will help anyone that needs help with this as well.
- Looks like repairs will begin for most cars in the first 3 months of 2017 (Gen 3 will be last 3 months 2017)
We still have a lot of question ourselves that we will hopefully get answers to once the web portal opens up. I have spoken to or emailed a lot of you personally, I do want to Thank You again for your patience in all of this.
Our hope all along was that our customers and employees would get to a better place. Hopefully with this agreement now moving forward we all will begin to move to that better place very soon!
I will continue send more updates as I get them. The website is: https://www.vwcourtsettlement.com/en/
What are your thoughts on the Volkswagen dieselgate settlement? Start the conversation in the comments below.
Check out this TFLcar video of the top five VW court settlement questions and answers: