Here is the second part of the 10 Commandments of Driving, brought to you by TFLCar. You can read the 2013 Ten Commandments of Driving part 1 (here).
Moving right along…
6. Thou shall keep thy pets off thy lap when driving. Damn-it people! Keep those cute puppies off you lap and away from the f(#!&@ airbags!!! I saw one dog fly out of a truck after a small fender-bender. The little pooch flew through the side mirror mount. Not much left of the dogie. The driver was the one who should have been bisected that day. Keep unsecured dogs out of your pickup truck beds too!
7. Thou shall NOT tailgate! Even if the driver in front of you is too stupid to move out of the fast lane (left lane/passing lane) when he/she can clearly see you wish to move faster. Try being a bit patient, it’s not worth causing an accident or road rage on either end. Most importantly, remember that there are other drivers on the road who have no idea what;s going on ahead of them. Just chill.
8. Thou shall realize that nobody believes you – you’re a bogus skier when you drive with an empty ski rack on your car. For all we know, you skied once and kept the rack to enhance your shallow ego. It’s bad for your gas mileage and performance while making you look like a tool. Take the ski rack off!
9. Thou shall stop texting while driving. This isn’t aimed at teens alone, many adults think they control while they are driving and reply to a text. Is that smiley face worth someone’s life? What about your life? There are plenty of apps and programs in modern cars that will read your text to you. Or, you can simply pull over for 10 seconds and read it.
10. The final commandment on the 10 Commandments of Driving is: watch The Fast Lane Car under Romanthecargearguy, or TFLCar to get your daily fix of automotive goodness.
Sorry about that last one, I couldn’t resist.
What would you buy at the auto show? Check out part 2 of this video and see if you agree.
Happy Easter and Happy Passover people!