The Cruze Hatch builds on the platform that also underpins the all-new 2016 Chevy Cruze sedan and adds the looks and the utility of a proper hatchback. The new foundation, which is more rigid and lighter than the previous generation, has more than 200 pounds of weight savings.
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto is standard via Chevy MyLink; available 4G LTE and Wi-Fi hotspot
- More standard features than any other compact car – including Honda Civic and Toyota Corolla; available adaptive features include lane keep assist, rear cross-traffic alert, side blind zone alert, and rear park assist.
- Available Teen Driver feature helps reinforce safe driving habits and delivers driving statistics to parents
- Standard 1.4-liter turbocharged engine
- Available creature comfort features include a heated steering wheel, heated front and rear seats, Athens leather-appointed seating surfaces, true French seams, and halogen projector-beam headlamps with LED signature lighting
- Cruze hatch will be offered in LT and Premier trims, and with the RS package
- RS package features unique front and rear fascias, rocker panels, rear spoiler, and fog lamps
Chevy already sells the Cruze 5-door model in overseas markets, including Europe, China and Australia. While American consumers historically have been timid when it comes to hatchbacks, more automakers are thinking the mindset is changing. Other hatches in direct competition with the Cruze include the Chevrolet Volt, VW Golf, Toyota Prius, Scion iM, Ford Focus hatchback, Hyundai Elantra GT, Mazda 3 hatchback, Kia Forte5, and soon to be released Honda Civic hatchback.
The 2017 Cruze hatch is expected to go on sale Fall 2016. Meanwhile, you can learn all about the Cruze 5-door in this TFLcar “everything you ever wanted to know” video that was shot right after its global debut at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit (NAIAS).
2017 Chevrolet Cruze 5-Door Specs:
- Standard Engine: 1.4L turbocharged 4-cylinder
- Power: 153 hp @ 5600 rpm
- Torque: 177 lb-ft @ 2000-4000 rpm
- Transmission: 6-speed manual or 6-speed auto
- Cargo capacity w/rears seats upright: 22.7 cubic feet
- Max cargo capacity 47.2 cubic feet