Set to debut at the 2014 Geneva Auto Show on March 4th, we grabbed some brand-spanking-new photos of the littlest Jeep of them all – the all-new Jeep Renegade! It’s smaller than the Jeep Patriot and the Jeep Cherokee. The platform is based on the FIAT 500L’s platform and they (mechanistically) share some parts. So, it’s not based on the FIAT Panda Cross (although, it may share many components).
There are a few logical conclusions we can come to given the photographic evidence of the Jeep Renegade.
- The Jeep Renegade certainly looks like a Jeep.
- It’s more “Jeep-like” to look at than the Cherokee.
- The Jeep Renegade comes in a “Trail Rated” package – if you look at the photos of the blue one, it has a tag on it. It’s also higher and looks like it has more aggressive rubber than the red one. Much the same as the Cherokee verses the Cherokee Trailhawk.
- The approach and departure angles look promising, especially the short rear overhang.
- The overall package looks a lot like a smaller Jeep Patriot, but it appears to be as high – if not higher.
- The Jeep Renegade’s purpose is to give a more concise entry model that should be better than most crossovers off road while helping Jeep’s CAFE numbers.
- Specifications are coming out soon for the Jeep Renegade, which we will post as quickly as possible.
Check out these photos!!!
More to come!