OK, to be fair Acura is giving away a new car to any one who’s active and that of course includes swimmers, cyclists, and triathletes (see press release below).
The contest is very straightforward. You can win a brand spanking new 2011 Acura TSX Sports Wagon just by visiting Acura’s Facebook page and registering for the contest.
That is of course the easy part.
The more challenging part of the contest is that you than need to “engage” you social network to get votes.
In other words, we assume that means it really helps to have lots of Facebook friends, twitter followers, and of course blog readers.
So while it may not be so simple to get a new Acura TSX for free…it is a brand spanking new car after all…that has plenty of power and room for all of your sports gear.
Good luck if you choose to enter. Complete detail below.
“The TSX Sport Wagon offers a smart solution to those with an active lifestyle,” says Steve Center, vice president of National Marketing Operations. “Blending the right balance of performance, luxury and utility, the TSX Sport Wagon is a great vehicle for action sports enthusiasts who will take part in the Compete Like a Pro competition.”
The “Compete Like a Pro” campaign kicks off today. To participate, competitors can register via Acura’s Facebook page and create a profile to engage their social network for votes. Top votes will earn one winner an all-new 2011 TSX Sport Wagon. Competitors need only select from a qualifying sport and tell everyone why they should win the car. Qualifying sports include:
- Climbing (rock and ice)
- Cycling (road racing, BMX racing, mountain biking, cyclocross, track cycling)
- Endurance / Adventure racing (triathlon, ultramarathon, adventure/orienteering)
- Paddleboarding (prone and stand-up)
- Skiing (alpine/downhill, speed, freestyle and cross-country)
- Snowboarding (alpine/downhill, half-pipe, free-ride, cross-country, boarder-cross)
- Surfing (skim, short & long boards, softboards and bodyboards)
- Water-skiing (slalom, wakeboarding, ski jumping)
- Whitewater Kayaking