At this years 2014 Geneva Auto Show, Ford is debuting the completely refreshed 2015 Ford Focus. This includes the introduction of Ford’s’ award winning 1.0 liter EcoBoost engine. In addition, Ford has added quite a bit of technology into the Focus to assist in driving safety. The Focus’s technology and restyling was itroduced last week at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, but its true hands on introduction takes place in Geneva.
The 1.0 EcoBoost 3-cylinder GDI turbo, with a 6-speed manual transmission will be available on the 2015 Focus. It promises to provide both fun and efficiency. Its currently rated at 123 hp and 148 lb-ft in the Ford Fiesta. The class leading 2.0 GDI will remain standard and will continue to meet the EPA rating of 40mpg.
2015 Ford Focus has several new advanced technology sensors to assist the driver in safety:
- There are two additions, the blind Spot Information System (BLIS) and the lane keeping system.
- BLIS uses lights in the side view mirrors to indicate another vehicle(s) is in the Focus drivers blind spots. The lane keeping system has the ability to recognize the Focus drifting out of its traveling lane. If the turn signal is not used, the steering wheel will vibrate to alert the driver and if corrective action is not taken, steering torque will be applied to assist the driver to the center of their lane.
- rear view camera is standard and comes on in a 4.2in screen or with the MyFordTouch option, an 8in display.
- SYNC has been updated with a new feature called AppLink. The new feature will allow IOS and Android users to download more than 60 apps that can be integrated into the enhanced system.
There are plenty of interior and exterior enhancements on the 2015 Ford Focus.
- available heated steering wheel
- adjustable cup holders
- easier accessible glove box
- fresh and clean looking interior with unique seat trims, satin chrome details, and new switches
- new hood and a restyled grille
- updated newly styled headlights
- new rear tail-lamps
- newly designed rear deck lid
Check out this fun and informative TFLcar video of the 2013 Ford Focus ST: